- Go back 20 years and we did not even have a computer in our house
- Go back 10 years and we had one
- Today, we have one PC, three laptops and a notebook. OMG!
Is our behavior typical? I think it is.
- Go back 20 years and only I could type
- Go back 10 years and only I could type
- Today, I type, my husband types and so do my two teenage boys
Is our behavior typical? I do not think it is.
Why Learn to Type?
Just think about the amount of time you spend on your computer – or should I say computers! Chances are you use a computer at work – and for those who do not there's a very good chance you'll be using one at home.
- Social Media
- Spread sheets
- Playing games
Is your behavior typical? I think it is.
Is it because you can not be bothered, or something else?
- It's too complicated
- It's too hard
- It will take too long
- I've tried before and I just can not do it
- My fingers are too big
- My fingers are too small
- I can type fast anyway
- I'm too old
- I'm too young
Is this behavior typical? I think it is.
Did you know?
Did you know that when you can type correctly you can constantly look at the monitor while you are typing? That's what I'm doing now. You do not have to keep glancing down at the keys then back at the monitor, over and over again. You can maintain good posture while typing – and see any little slip-ups as you go – not that I make many of course.
Do yourself a favor and learn to type .
Will your behavior be typical. Probably not.