First aid treatment for children and babies
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 48 Articles
- 39 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- What Will I Learn?
- Understand the role of the Paediatric First Aider
To perform emergency first aid to a child and baby
Treat major and minor injury and illnesses
- Identify signs and symptoms of various different types of childhood illnesses and injuries
- Be confident in a emergency situation
- Students are encourage to practice some of the first aid scenarios at home, so a friend and space is ideal.
- If students can have a sling and sterile dressing to hand then they can practice dressing a wound and immobilising fractures
- You should be able to use a computer at a basic level
Welcome to Paediatric first aid training.
Please download the resource handbook which we will be referring to throughout this course. There is also a syllabus attached.
It remains a legal requirement for at least one person with a valid full 12-hour paediatric first aid certificate to be available at all times within a professional child care establishment. This 12 hr course can be taught either as a 2 day face to face option or as 6 hrs face to face teaching and 6 hrs of online content.
This course is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge needed to accompany the Practical First Aid course to comply with the Ofsted requirements for a 12 hour course and fulfil the Ofsted Early Years Foundation specification. This course does not seek to replace the practical element but allows you to undertake the on-line training at a time and place to suit you and then book onto a one day rather than two day practical course.
This course is also an excellent First Aid Training package for parents and child carers to gain invaluable knowledge at their own time and pace. It also serves as a superb resource for those with English as a Second Language to equip them with the vocabulary and language skills to pass a practical course and to refresh this vital knowledge on a regular basis.
If you need an accredited or regulated First Aid training qualification to be Ofsted registered, it is necessary to undertake a combine this online learning with a 1 day blended learning face to face Paediatric Course.
The course consists of illustrated step by step directions, flow charts, diagrams, videos and a short test yourself section fully compatible with all computers and mobile devices. You will be able to stop and start as often as you like and on completion you will be able to print your Certificate.
It is impossible to cover all eventualities within this course, or to equip you with the knowledge and skills to appropriately diagnose and treat in unpredictable real life situations. If you suspect illness or injury, you should always seek immediate professional medical advice.
The Author has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within the course, however this course is merely a guide and the Author does not accept any liability or responsibility for any inaccuracies or for any mistreatment or misdiagnosis of any person, however caused.
- Course contents:
- First aid kit
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency and where to obtain help
- Communication and casualty care
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation (Child, infant and adult protocols)
- Spinal injuries
- Choking (Child, infant and adult protocols)
- Asthma and diabetic emergencies
- Head injuries
- Extremes of hot and cold
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Foreign objects
- Eye injuries
- Childhood conditions (e.g. meningitis an croup)
- Sickle cell anaemia.
.Who is the target audience?
- This course is an excellent First Aid Training package for parents and child carers to gain invaluable knowledge at their own time and pace.