- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- What Will I Learn?
- Install and Configure Docker
Explore the Docker Hub Image Repository
Explore, Pull and Use Base Images
- Instantiate Containers
- Understand the Container Lifecycle
- Manage Images and Containers
- Host Redirection – Ports and Volumes
- Building Custom Images with a Dockerfile
- A basic familiarity with the Linux Command Line in order to use the commands necessary to complete the installation and configuration of Docker.
If you have heard all the buzz around Docker and containers and are wondering what they are and how to get started using them, then this course is for you.
Although Docker (and containers in general) are large topics, we will distill them down to just the information you need to know to get started using both. Within this set of video demonstrations, you will learn how to install Docker, configure it for use on your local system, clone and work with Docker images, instantiate containers, mount host volumes, redirect ports and understand how to manage images and containers.
Once you have completed the course, you will be well on your way to implementing containers in your environment while having a firm understanding of their use cases, both for and against.Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wishes to obtain a basic foundation on what Docker containers are and how to use them in their environment.