Archive for July, 2018
Python is a high-level, structured, open-source programming language that can be used for a wide variety of programming tasks.
Machine Learning Yearing and Jason Brownee book Collection
Get Collection Here: free python books download
python books for beginners pdf free download : visit here
Free Python Courses: free Python courses list
Other trending python and machine learning courses: Machine learning curated Course List
Sharing is caring .. Please Share
Education has changed significantly in the last twenty years. One of the main reasons education has undergone so many changes is because of technological development. In 1990, computers and other forms of technology served a minimal role in the classroom. Today, many if not most college students attend class with a laptop. I am writing about some of the biggest advantages technology gave to education.
Technology has made research much easier. Before online Encyclopedias, Google Scholar, JSTOR, and other online research tools were available, students were forced to spend numerous hours in the library. With the new tools, students can conduct research faster in the comfort of their homes. With Google and other search engines, students can find relevant information faster and more efficiently. Also, there is no more need for intensive memorization as information is more readily available.
New also technology allows for a faster, more efficient, and more interactive classroom experience. With Powerpoint presentations and projectors, there is no need for blackboards and whiteboards. With clickers, students can take quizzes during the classroom.
These developments also help improve tutoring services. Online tutoring programs are becoming available. One-on-one in-home tutoring programs are also being aided these developments. Tutors can bring laptops to sessions allowing them to look up information, and show examples to the student more easily.
Wi-fi technology allows students to study in more comfort and a more ergonomic setting.
New mathematical software such as Maple and Mathematica allows students to make a computer algebra computations more easily. Software like Matlab and Scilab allows students to make numerical computations more easily. There is no more need for a line rule. Advanced Texas Instrument and Casio calculators allow students to solve equations and produce graphs. Online software such as Webassign allows students to submit mathematics assignments online with instant feedback.
The internet allows students to read books and educational supplements at home. There is no need to go to a bookstore or library. Since many of these sources are open source or funded by advertising, students can access these materials for free. Wikipedia, Wikibooks are good examples. Students can learn more without leaving their house.
College applications and job applications can now be complete online. Students can deliver important paperwork to universities and employers at a much faster rate.
Online education allows more students to get an education. Handicapped students, students that have to travel a lot, and students with jobs can now complete their degrees wherever they go with a flexible schedule and often at their own pace. Due to its lower costs, online education also benefits lower-income students.
Technological development allowed the creation of new IT jobs and improved economic development in general.
Not all effects of technology on education are positive. Technology also allows students to cheat more easily. However, new technology allows instructors to detect plagiarism. Technological developments can also discourage critical thinking since answers are more readily available. Technology also encourages students to spend their time doing other activities such as playing video games and participating in social networking.
Overall, technological development in the 1990s and 2000s appears to be beneficial to education. Currently, technology improvement follows Moore’s law which states that computers become twice as efficient approximately every two years. Today, one can purchase a well performing personal computer (without a monitor, software, and other accessories) for as low as $123.99. Recently, I have not spent over $250 on a desktop computer and it allowed me to do very advanced computations like high-sample Monte Carlo algorithms. If the trend continues, students all over the world will be able to afford desktops and laptops contributing to a better global education.
Having a testimonial can increase the chances of getting the job. As there is strong competition among applicants, almost every job candidate requires testimonials for the job. Having the relevant experience under your belt you are required to show that you have proved your abilities in some organization. You can ask your previous employee to provide the testimonial of your services. If you are a student then a Principal/Dean can provide you the testimonial. Here are the both example testimonials that can help you stand out of the crowd.
A sample testimonial letter. (As an Employee)
An Experience Certificate
To whom it may concern
This is to certify that (NAME) has been in our service as an (JOB TITLE) from START DATE (YEAR) to END DATE (YEAR). During this period of service he/she worked diligently and honestly. His/her amiability of temperament, sincerity of purpose and honest absorption in the assigned job were some of the commendable traits of his personality that endeared him amongst us.
Through his/her work and conduct he satisfied us. He/she has a sound moral character. He/she has left our firm not due to any compulsion on our part, but on account of his own free will.
(Stamp & Signature)
Second Sample Testimonial Letter. (As a Student)
A Testimonial From An Educational Institution
This is to certify that (NAME) s/o (NAME) was a renowned player and student of our institution from START DATE (YEAR) to END DATE (YEAR) then he graduated from our college winning one of the top positions in Commerce. He/She got first class in B. Com.
About his contribution towards sports, we hereby state that he won many a commendatory certificate in various sports events. He excelled in Badminton and Hockey. He is quite hard-working and intelligent youth. We may emphatically say that he will prove out to be an asset to any enterprise where a position of trust and responsibility is offered to him.
I wish him all success in his life.
(College Stamp & Signature)
A Testimonial From the Major Contractor to Sub-Contractor Employee
Earlier this year we had the pleasure of working with you and your company on a project of (Name of Project) for our company. I am writing this letter to you to express my great satisfaction with the quality of the work completed and quality of the people from your company involved this project. You were extremely helpful from our first telephonic conversation through completion. Everything worked immediately and I am pleased with how things turned out. Please convey our appreciation to all of your team members. Feel free to use us as reference.
We wish you the best,
So it has been decided, France and Croatia will be headlining the 2018 FIFA World Cup final.
Keeping in view the World Cup Final, Ivacy- the tier 1 VPN service provider, has again risen up to the occasion and this time offers you a chance to save an additional 66%!
Ivacy.com is a leading virtual private network provider with servers in over 50+ locations. We have specifically designed our network to offer the best connectivity with fast & private streaming speeds across the world. Customers are provided with multiple protocols to choose from and connect. Also Ivacy gives you the freedom to connect to our network without limitations.
- Step 1: Get an Ivacy VPN subscription.
- Step 2: Download and install the app on your device.
- Step 3: Connect to the Russian VPN server.
- Step 4: Open MatchTV.ru/on-air and enjoy FIFA World Cup 2018 live streaming.
- Step 1: Get an Ivacy VPN subscription.
- Step 2: Download and install the app on your device.
- Step 3: Connect to the UK VPN server.
- Step 4: Open https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and enjoy FIFA World Cup 2018 live streaming
Deal Of the day:
Amazon Daily deals here : Amazon Deal of the Day
Capsule machines provide a great alternative to automatic espresso machines. They bring together all of the advantages of a fully automated system for a fast coffee making process.
- Capsule machines simplify the whole process of making coffee, cutting out the grinding, the pressing and the storage of the coffee.
- These small hermetically sealed containers, coffee capsules, guarantee the coffee’s freshness for up to 6 months.
- The coffee in the capsule is ground to perfection and sealed at optimum pressure.
- To make a fresh coffee, all you have to do is pop the capsule into the machine, press a button and wait for the machine to do all the work.
- Being a simpler version of traditional coffee machines, these are generally much smaller. This means that you don’t have to worry about whether it will fit in your kitchen, as they make the most of the reduced space available in today’s homes.
- You also avoid having to deal with the messy waste from the ground coffee, as it is all contained in the coffee-pod. All you have to do is get rid of the empty pods.
- Although single-serve machines are smaller than traditional espresso machines, this isn’t reflected in the price as they generally cost the same.
- Single- serve machines can only be used with the capsules on offer from that same manufacturer, that is to say, you can’t use coffee-pods made for one machine in a different one. For example, Nespresso capsules can only be used with Nespresso machines.
- So you should make sure beforehand that you like the kind of coffee on offer from your machine’s manufacturer.
- Buying the capsules generally works out quite expensive
Coffee-pod machines are best suited to…
- … small offices with limited space and limited time to buy and make coffee.
- … homes of 1-3 persons.
- … anyone who can afford to buy the coffee-pods and who would benefit from these machines’ unique features.
A lot of people live exceptionally busy lives and run on tight schedules to complete everything, likewise cleaning their house or condo. One of the best machines we can ever purchase that helps us to keep a flawless clean home is the vacuum cleaner.
It’s undoubtedly, one of the fundamental types of cleaner that comprises of a dust- sack that gathers the debris which is discarded later. The soil is sucked up by moving the machine over the specific zone and expelling dust and undesirable particles, like pet hairs, for example.
After a time period and of course considering the manufacturer’s recommendation, and by reading the user manual, we can detach the dust-pack, remove the gathered debris from it and attach it to the vacuum cleaner again.
Relying upon whether you utilise a hand-held cleaner or one that is used in an upright position by pushing it over the floor covering, you need to purchase the one that is best for your requirements. Numerous homeowners ensure that they keep both types of vacuum cleaners, one for small cleaning tasks and the other for much bigger cleaning assignments, such as carpet cleaning.
Some people also call their vacuum cleaner ‘Hoover’. This name was attached to vacuum cleaners because they were widely manufactured by a company with the similar name in some countries. It’s a cleaning machine that can be found in almost every house.
The range of these cleaners available makes it simple for homeowners to expel soil, dust and undesirable small particles from their rugs, floors, carpets, upholstery and different household items.
Considering the right uses one needs the vacuum cleaner for, there are diverse types easily accessible, regardless of whether you just need a dry vacuum or one that additionally works as a machine that can do its job in wet areas. Each owner should know what he/she needs this cleaning device for.
You can easily find in every household a cleaner that delivers some outstanding dry functions. The vacuum cleaners that perform both dry and wet tasks are usually found in industrial or commercial areas and those homeowners who may, every once in a while, require this type of service, may either hire the gear or call a professional carpet cleaner.
However, for their typical, everyday cleaning purposes, many homeowners may find that they don’t require a vacuuming machine for a wet clean.
Generally, in its most fundamental design, the vacuum cleaner is available as a small hand-held machine that can be effectively moved over items, for example, furniture upholstery, cushions, bed sheets, rugs, counter tops, and even on the floor to expel some small amount of soil. On the other hand, a bigger full size vacuum cleaner is used for more significantly larger cleaning task.
First step of accomplishing anything is taking action. As long as you take some action, you will see the results. It is as simple as that. To improve your martial arts technique, brain storm for some achievable goals, that you want to accomplish in near future. Make sure your goals are measurable and put timeframe to it and be specific to the time frame. For example, learn this kick or technique by this Friday, 7pm.
By specifying your goal, writing it down and giving yourself a deadline, you goal is very clear in head. The more your goal is clear, more likely you are going to achieve it. Now that you have your deadline set, now it is time to take action.
Now whatever you plan to accomplish, whether a punch or a kick or flexibility or a technique, start practicing it. The way to practice it is by starting it slow and focusing on your form. You have to make sure you get a strong foundation. Don’t worry about the speed or the strength.
Just divide the technique or the kick or the punch in small parts and practice each part slowly, focusing on your form. Repeat the motion over and over and over and over, till are you get comfortable with the movement. Once you get comfortable with that part of the move, move to the next part and practice the next part till you are comfortable. Once you are comfortable with the small parts, now put all the pieces together and practice the entire move altogether till the move becomes the second nature for body and becomes the part of your muscle memory.
Congratulations! By this stage, consider yourself an expert in that move. Now you can repeat the same process to improve your other martial arts techniques. The hardest thing in the entire process is to actually take action. Once you start taking action and following instruction, everything else falls in place. Your results give you sense accomplishment and make you confident. The feeling you get from accomplishing your goals, makes you want set and accomplish more goals and become he best in your field.
From the time we are born, one of the most important mental functions we perform is learning. As a toddler, we learn to walk and to speak. When we start school, we master the alphabet, learn to make friends, and start acquiring writing skills. We then continue to learn various subjects, mastering a few, performing just adequately at many while failing spectacularly at some subjects. Why do we perform brilliantly at some subjects and fail miserably at others? How exactly do we learn? You can find the answers to these questions and more by understanding the 5 basic principles of learning.
- The Learn by Doing Principle: Ever heard that experience is the best teacher? What it basically means is that the best way to learn something is by actually doing or experiencing it. A good teacher or training program therefore uses learner involvement tools, such lab exercises, fieldwork, hands-on training, group discussion, role playing, and audio visual aids.
- The Learn When You Are Ready Principle: The best time for learning is when we feel ready and motivated to learn. If you are not motivated enough, chances are you’ll work half-heartedly. If you’re motivated, you’ll find something new to learn in whatever kind of job you do, which can ultimately help you achieve your career goals. An instructor can help students to become ready by letting them know the importance of the concept they are learning, its relevance in their lives, and the benefits they can get from learning it.
- The Learn What is Relevant Principle: It is easier to learn content that is meaningful and relevant to us than something that is irrelevant. For example, if you are learning to drive, it would make sense to learn basic maintenance jobs, like changing the oil. However, learning the whole theory behind how the car engine works would be of no use.
- The Learn by Association Principle: It is easier to start with something we know before proceeding to related, but new tasks. For example, when learning to draw, it is more effective to start with simple line drawings that we know and gradually build up to new and more challenging drawing styles.
- The Learn by Reinforcing Principle: Repetition helps in retaining and recalling what we have learned. Repetition reinforces a concept or skill in our minds. You must have seen the summaries, questions, and diagrams in books. That’s what they do. They reinforce.
Keep the above principles in mind while designing any type of learning. These principles will definitely increase the effectiveness of your learning product.
Together with the advancement of science and technology, technological innovations grew along with it, resulting to the emergence of new equipment and gadgets. No matter how big or small your company is, technology brings both intangible and tangible benefits to become cost efficient and to meet the growing demands and needs of customers. Technological innovations affect corporate efficiency, culture and relationship among employees, clients, suppliers and customers. The type and quality of technology used affect the security of confidential business information.
Due to the burden brought by administrative tasks, like inventory, bookkeeping and records keeping, both big and small companies rely on computers to do their administrative works. The birth of Internet and online social networking sites tremendously decreased the costs of business operations. It also makes it easier for companies to use the Six Sigma management methodologies. Some firms shifted to outsourcing instead of hiring their own personnel due to the low costs associated with it. Because of the huge impact of technological innovations to companies, it is impossible for them to live with it.
Commonly used high technology equipment:
- Computer printer
- Paper shredder
- Multimedia projector
- Touch screen monitors
- Computer mouse
- Laptop computers
Advantages of Technology to Business:
- Customer Relations. Technology affects the way companies communicate and establish relations with their clients. In a fast moving and business environment, it is vital for them to interact with clients regularly and quickly to gain their trust and to obtain customer loyalty. With the use of Internet and online social networks, firms interact with consumers and answer all their queries about the product. Establishing effective communication with customers not only creates rapport with them, but it also creates strong public image. It allows business enterprises to reduce and to cut carbon dioxide emissions.
- Business Operations. With the use of technological innovations, business owners and entrepreneur understand their cash flow better, how to manage their storage costs well and enables you to save time and money.
- Corporate Culture. Technology lets employees communicate and interact with other employees in other countries. It establishes clique and prevents social tensions from arising.
- Security. Modern security equipment enables companies to protect their financial data, confidential business information and decisions.
- Research Opportunities. It provides a venue to conduct studies to keep themselves ahead of competitors. It allows companies to virtually travel into unknown markets.
- Corporate Reports. With technology, business enterprises communicate effectively with their branch offices to deliver quality financial and operational reports.
- Industrial Productivity. Through the use of business software programs or software packages, it automated traditional manufacturing process, reduces labor costs and enhances manufacturing productivity. It enables companies to increase efficiency and production output.
- Business mobility. Technological innovations improved companies’ sales, services, shorted lead time on receiving and delivering goods and services. Enables them to penetrate multiple markets at least costs.
- Research capacity. It enables them to conduct studies on various companies to gain knowledge on the new trends in the market and way on avoiding them.
According to the expanded research carried out by the Sapio Institute, an organization dedicated to conducting ongoing studies in the field of e-learning, there are five prerequisites for ensuring the success of e-learning initiatives.
The company must 'buy in' to the initiative and take on the mantle of the primary driver. It must project itself as a learning organization and foster a learning environment that pervades the entire organization. Companies like GE, Pfizer and Microsoft are excellent examples of learning organizations that actively support and drive their e-learning programs.
This factor is a critical ingredient for ensuring that learners complete their courses and training programs. While the research indicates that more often than not, the motivation is external ("Your job / promotion depends on it, so you'd better do it!"), It also shows that in the long-run, internal motivation is what really matters. Managers have an inherent inclination to broaden their knowledge bases and upgrade their skill-sets, and the e-learning initiatives must align with this inclining.
Pure play e-learning has its limits. To maximize its efficiency, a mixture blend of classroom training and e-learning is required. This is, in fact, one of the big secrets of successful e-learning. The research shows a clear correlation between the implementation of classroom introductions (for modules, in particular) and the achievement of significantly higher levels of course completion.
A Culture of Independent Learning
Generally, we are dependent learners. The methods of education and training that we are subjected to make us so. To ensure the success of its e-learning initiatives, organizations need to create a culture of independent learning, by providing the requisite infrastructure (CD-ROMs, Intranets, online resources, etc) and by instilling the habit of independent learning among its managers.
Reading text off one's computer screen does not institute e-learning. To make the initiative work, it is necessary to build high levels of user involvement. The best way to achieve this is by enriching the learning experience through graphics, animation sequences, voiceovers and interactive devices. The key idea is to engage the user's attention and draw him / her into the module, enhancing in the process, the impact and effectiveness of the overall e-learning initiative.
Ref: – http://www.istrat-india.com